drilling on a wall...advise

I want to drill holes in order to install a table from Ikea, nothing deep, just enough for the screws space.

How do I know there are not electric wires in the other side... are they always far away from the first wall layer?

Thanks

Montenegro

Reply to
Montenegro

If his walls are sheetrock a stud finder would work reasonably well. Without a stud finder, I would suggest an awl, rather than nails. And tapping on the wall first can help you hear where to try first.

Greg Guarino

Reply to
Greg G