drilling holes in ceramic tile

Hi. I am need to drill four holes in the ceramic tile in my bathroom to hand a toilet paper dispenser? What is the best type of bit, carbide or masonry? If these are not the best choice, what is? Thanks.
A regular high speed steel drill bit will work fine. Just chip a bit of the glaze off the tile with a nail. And don't forget to keep the drill bit cool with oil.

You should use a carbide-tipped drill bit specifically made for glass and ceramics. It looks like a spear point or arrow head. Use it at slower speeds. Sometimes a regular masonry drill bit will work on softer ceramic tile but don't force it.

Cover the area to be drilled with duct tape to prevent chipping

Carbide bits and masonry bits are generally the same thing.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus