drilling holes in ceramic tile

Hi. I am need to drill four holes in the ceramic tile in my bathroom to hand a toilet paper dispenser? What is the best type of bit, carbide or masonry? If these are not the best choice, what is? Thanks.

Reply to
shag dawg

Clark Griswold

You should use a carbide-tipped drill bit specifically made for glass and ceramics. It looks like a spear point or arrow head. Use it at slower speeds. Sometimes a regular masonry drill bit will work on softer ceramic tile but don't force it.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Cover the area to be drilled with duct tape to prevent chipping

Reply to
chillermfg

Carbide bits and masonry bits are generally the same thing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon