Drill operated sewer snake

I once knew a plumber who used a drain auger cable that he attached to a heavy duty drill to clear main lines. He ran up to a 4 inch cutting bit on it, and used it for runs up to 75'-100'. The cable was similar to the ones you see on the big roatary motor powered machines, but it was a lot more portable since you just hooked it up to the drill chuck. I've looked around, but can't seem to find an auger cable specifically made to hook up to a drill. Do you think he was just using one of the big machine cables, or is there something out there that I just can't find? I would like to purchase one of these in about a 75' length, so if anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.
On May 13, 1:12pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Considering the probable price and aggravation, you might be $$ ahead to rent what you need, or call Roto-Rooter and go on to more vital projects. Whatever, lots of luck.
Joe

And, storage of a device I might use once or maybe twice.
On May 13, 1:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It will take more than the drill has in "oooommmpphhh" to run a 75' snake. Rent a real auger machine and do it right.
On May 13, 2:12pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have this one from Ridgid: (Amazon.com product link shortened)
It's 25' long. Something much longer would also need to drain your wallet substantially more.
Is this for business regular use, or occasional home use? Harbor Freight does have drain augers, with the motor built on.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On May 13, 1:12pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Mt cheapo came with the drill attached, then the cable broke and I just threw it all away. For tough clogs there is a reason there are big machines
On May 13, 2:12�pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You trying to clear roots?
If so avoid the snake just dump dissolved rock salt down the drain, it will kill the roots, not harm the tree or whatever, and usually works fast.
25 pounds dumped in my basement washtub add very hot water and stir with a small shovel or whatrever is around.
easy fast effective and low cost.
does not harm terra cotta pipe which is the most common to get roots to begin with.
be very careful using a undersized snake if it breaks off in the line you must dig to remove it:(
I have been using the rocksalt for 10 or 12 years with zero clogs, unless I forget to salt.........