drill into poured concrete basement walls? any worries?

Page 2 of 2

Jim Redelfs wrote:

My experience with the usual home owner hammer drills (mine is a quality one) is that they are pretty much useless if you hit a good sized piece of agregate. At best it is a slow operation and best done with a graduated set of masonry drills, start small and work up to the size you need. I don't even bother any more, one hole to do and it is off to the rental place.
Harry K