Drill hole in glass globe

I would like to drill holes into a glass globe.
The reason is because it contains a CFL bulb which does not tolerate high heat levels.
What are my options.
Thanks,
Andy

Replace the glas globe with a plastic globe and drill as many holes in that as you want. At least that's what I ended up doing to solve the same problem.
Andy,
Youtube has many videos on this. Use a lot of coolant and make a few pratice holes first to develop your technique.
Dave M.
On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 23:31:45 -0700 (PDT), Andy

diamond bit. Go slow and keep it wet. Practice on an old jelly jar or something.

At the very least, wear safety goggles. And a respirator since you really dont want to breath ground glass.

If you keep it wet there won't be any dust. I always wear safety glasses when I am doing just about any work. They hang around my neck on a croakie.