Drier Won't Dry - Part Duex

So, the most likely culprit is that I have a clogged vent. The vent is run under the house, about 10 feet to the outside wall. What is the best way to clean the part from under the floor to the wall?
- Take it out and clean it - Replace it Something else?
I can get in the crawl space and get to it...
Thanks Mike.

Can you get a 2" shop vac hose down there, maybe with an extension from another shop vac hose? Hook the hose to the Blow side, not the Suck side and use it as a ramming rod. Once it punches through the obstruction, it should blow all the crap out the other end.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Heh! Use a LEAF BLOWER (preferably gas) and fling that crap into the next county!

You may have to crawl.

If you're going to use a shop-vac, no need to use an extension because there's no need to go into the crawl space. Go where the dryer is hook it up there.

I think I would not count on blowing through. Don't most dryer vent hoses have a narrower part at the end? And even if it doesn't, the dryer has been blowing.
I'd suck first, with my hands around the hose etc.
Etc. etc.
-- If you're going to use a shop-vac, no need to use an extension because -- there's no need to go into the crawl space. Go where the dryer is -- hook it up there.
The OP said "The vent is run under the house, about 10 feet to the outside wall."
To which I said: Can you get a 2" shop vac hose down there, maybe with an extension from another shop vac hose?
I'm talking about a extension on the vac hose, not the power cord.
The hose on my shop is barely 10' long with both straight tubes attached to the flexible section. Considering the hose has to be attached to the vac, and considering the straight pieces probably can't be pushed into the vent, I'm guessing he'll need an extension if he wants to blow (or suck) out the entire length of the vent from one location.

That's what I thought you meant, but I thougbht you meant that so you could leave the vacuum outside and only take the end of the hose to some place in the crawl space.
I was concentrating on "under the house" and you were concentrating on "10 feet" in the same sentence.

OK. What I meant by holding my hands [cupped] around the ducte was to seal the ducte so that I only had to put the hose a couple inches into it.
Elther plan might work. Maybe Jim will let us know what happens, although I understand how these things drag on for months.
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 16:51:14 +0000, Mike wrote:

I used a drain snake. The coiled tip snagged up the lint and crap nicely.

no relocate the dryer to a outside wall or it will just clog again...........
shorter run elminates fiore hazard and saves energy
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:01:05 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

He's asking how to clean it. My girlfriend has had an underfloor run for 10 years and I clean it once a year. She does 3 loads a day (3 kids). And usually when there is an under floor run there wasn't an option to relocate in the first place as in my girlfriend's case.
Meat Plow wrote:

nailed, screwed to the end. This worked because I have a very straight run and was able to push it in from the outside. If that's not the case, you could push a wire through and then attach a towel to the wire and pull it through.

Dryer venting is cheap, replace the damn shit!

long term relocating dryer to outside wall if possible is way better. less backpressure === less energy used

Yep, it was a combination of a shitty run (several curves that were not needed), and about 10 extra feet of hose that the dumbass that put it in didn't trim.
I fixed that, replaced an 8 ft section, and we're good.

It's where it's going to stay, I'll just keep in mind that I might have to clean it every year or three. The dog enjoyed the adventure in the crawl space anyway, and it only took an hour or so.