dremel rotary tool

My old dremel tool, finally died on me, after many happily married years together. (god I love that thing) I went to purchases a new one and picked up the dremel 400 xpr, I think their newer models. It has the variable from 5000-35000, and comes with its own case, plus a few accessories. I dont think the newer models are as good as the old ones. They seem to run hotter, with less power when applied, air vents are in wrong position, shape is not quite right. Anyone else have this machine, and can offer any opinions? Maybee can suggest a different brand that will work with all my dremel attachments I already have, or is this what I am stuck with, if I want dremel.
Thanks to all

Fix it. Dremel has all the parts on the web site. I got an old one I love too

Are you sure the old one didn't just need a new set of brushes?
rusty redcloud

No.. I kept on top of it, and changed the brushes every 25 hours of use or so. The old one just seemed a better unit. I just did a check on amazon, and seems like a lot of people are voicing the same opinion. I trusted the dremel name, and didnt bother researching it, figuring the only thing dremel would do , is improve the unit. Well, I guess we will see.
Thanks
The old Dremels were immensely better than the new junk. I had one of the old ones, with the round dial speed control, go bad. It was a bad armature. I called Dremel, they said they don't have them any more, but for a fixed cost, send them the old one and they would 'give' me a brand spanken new one. Here's what's wrong: Little or no torque, vibrates so much, the speed lever moves position, the air holes as mentioned, runs hot, more ergonomic shape, which is harder to hold! I now have 2 such tools, the Dremel, which I use for stuff that requires the higher speed, and a Ryobi which has lots of torque, but only goes about 20K RPM max.
J.Lef wrote:

I had a bucket once