dremel rotary tool

My old dremel tool, finally died on me, after many happily married years together. (god I love that thing) I went to purchases a new one and picked up the dremel 400 xpr, I think their newer models. It has the variable from 5000-35000, and comes with its own case, plus a few accessories. I dont think the newer models are as good as the old ones. They seem to run hotter, with less power when applied, air vents are in wrong position, shape is not quite right. Anyone else have this machine, and can offer any opinions? Maybee can suggest a different brand that will work with all my dremel attachments I already have, or is this what I am stuck with, if I want dremel.

Thanks to all

Reply to
J.Lef

Fix it. Dremel has all the parts on the web site. I got an old one I love too

Reply to
gfretwell

Are you sure the old one didn't just need a new set of brushes?

rusty redcloud

Reply to
Red Cloud®

No.. I kept on top of it, and changed the brushes every 25 hours of use or so. The old one just seemed a better unit. I just did a check on amazon, and seems like a lot of people are voicing the same opinion. I trusted the dremel name, and didnt bother researching it, figuring the only thing dremel would do , is improve the unit. Well, I guess we will see.

Thanks

Reply to
J.Lef

Reply to