Dremel Grout-Removal Bit

Does anyone know the secret with these things? They are a great idea, until you use them. I'm not a novice with handtools, but no matter how carefully I use these bits, they break. Doesn't seem to matter if an upward or downward motion is used; whether used at 90 degrees or 45 degrees; a deep cut or a shallow cut; the result is the same.
Thanks
A pro told me the only thing that works is a utility knife.

Well that's ridiculous - a grout saw works far better than a utility knife.
Most applications they are way too thick.

knife.

Yeah, that's probably true - the bit is at least 1/16" (actually 1/8" I think), and the space between tiles is often a bit less than that. Still, those bits are supposed to cut through tile too....
They're crap. Broke four on one job.

Make your self a depth gauge to hold the bit stable. Like a router has. Then all you have to do it pull it towards you.
Forgot to mention that I use the little Dremel attachment that allows for depth adjustment. Breakage of the bit still occurs.

downward
degrees; a

a router has.

Same here. Don't know the secret.
I had the same problem. They work a few line of grout, but wear out quickly.

knife.
Hey kids! I've got a great idea:
Use your Dremel for what it does best (grinding metal) to reshape the utility knife blade into a hook-shape (something like the shape of a plexi-glass scoring tool) with a single sharp tooth that cuts on the pull stroke. Also grind up one that cuts on the push stroke for getting into the corners. We're always re-grinding, adapting, rebuilding existing tools and making special tools to solve these vexing old-house problems.
Learn more about our old-house work at www.HistoricHomeWorks.com
John Leeke by hammer and hand great works do stand