Drano, Liquid Plumber Or "Drain Care" Best And Safest: Opinion Please ?

Hello:

Have a clogged bathroom sink.

Can anyone suggest which of these 3 products is most effective, generally, and also the safest for a septic system:

Liquid Drano Max Clog Remover Gel

Drano Max Gel Products / Professional Drain Care (I believe that this is not a liquid, like the first two)

Much thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

I had a slow-draining bath sink, plunger, no go.

Took off trap, tried to snake it, no go.

Finally tried Liquid Plumr "foaming pipe snake." Took two applications, letting sit for six hours each, but it worked. About 9 months later, slow again, used pipe snake again. Once again took two bottles. That was a couple of years ago.

Have septic system. They claim it is safe for it.

The safest solution is to hire a plumber to snake out the drain, but $80 vs. $15....plus not having to wait around for the plumber, etc......

Reply to
timbirr

The safest way is not to use any. Take the thing apart and clean the trap.

Reply to
Bob

apply a sinkful of boiling water from your spaghetti pot and let stand. repeat.

you will be buying a plastic probably 1-1/4" trap for this sink unless it already has one. take its picture and it to the hardware store and buy any other connected items that break when you remove it.

if not improved, remove metal trap, replace with plastic trap, it's easier to remove the next time and less likely to rust thru too. often can be removed by hand.

if no plastic obstructions are found at trap removal, snake out hair and soap scum in pipe. inspect with flashlight and dental mirror. reassemble. flush with hot water.

other tools: disposable vinyl gloves.

Reply to
buffalobill

None of the above.

Get a pipe wrench or two, rmoe to J trap or P trap and clean it and the "tail" that goes into the wall.

Chemical drain cleaners are mostly a wast of money, damage pipes, and DO NOT WORK.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

None of those products. I used Drano Kitchen Granules in my slow bathtub drain and now it drains quickly.

Reply to
Faye K.