Drains & toothpaste

I like to conserve water as much as the next guy. But, how in the world do you keep the drains from clogging with toothpaste. We let the water trickle, but it never fails in our family of three, the one drain always gets the yuck which slows down the drain which I end up taking apart about twice a year.
Ideas besides all of us getting false teeth?
Thanks!
Next time it clogs, try pouring down a sauce pan of boiling water. Can't hurt. Might loosen up the gunk and then it can harden farther down the line.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

do

What the heck kind of toothpaste are you using? Maybe you have purchased a tube of caulk by mistake.
Tom Miller wrote:

LOL, We use tea tree based natural tooth paste. Never had that problem.
Toothpaste is water soluable, your plug is hair, not water soluable, use draino . People loose hair it is normal
Gary:
GG> I like to conserve water as much as the next guy. But, how in the world do GG> you keep the drains from clogging with toothpaste. We let the water GG> trickle, but it never fails in our family of three, the one drain always GG> gets the yuck which slows down the drain which I end up taking apart about GG> twice a year.
Perhaps in this instance the water being conserved is a false conservation. I've not heard of a sink being clogged specifically due to toothpaste bu that's somewhat besides the point: you have the problem and need to come up with a solution. Perhaps using less toothpaste? Allowing more water to flush the gunk? Maybe closing the drain after spitting out the toothpaste, rinse your mouth, wash hands, then opening the drain to get a larger amount of water (albeit a little dirty/grey itself) to more forcefully flush the toothpaste goo as opposed to the trickle of water I'm presuming is currently going through the drain.
GG> Ideas besides all of us getting false teeth?
<laff>
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971

do

about
Very unlikely to be caused by the toothpaste. Many (most?) brands of toothpaste contain a detergent, sodium lauryl sulfate, which should help flush it easily with a reasonable amount of water.
spit it in the toilet and flush

spit in a cup and pour it down the toilet.
snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca says...

Skip a step and just spit in the toilet.
Saves washing all those cups, too.
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/