Drain water in home

hi What is the correct procedure to drain water from house. I need to get water out of my water hammer arrestors. The home has a gas water heater.

Thanks

Reply to
david

If there's water in the water-hammer arrestors, they stop working. Also, they may not drain when you drain the pipes, depending on whether they're bought devices with bladders in them (in which case, they're either not waterlogged, or they need to be replaced), or built up little vertical stubs with bleeder valves at the top. In the latter case, drain the pipes from the lowest fixture available, and open the valves in the arrestors.

Reply to
Goedjn