Drain Waste Pipe Question

I have a bathroom with a drop ceiling which I want to raise back up to 8'. Before I can do this I need to move a drain waste pipe above the top sill plate of the wall. Currently, the pipe leaves the wall on a 45 degree angle about a foot below the roof. If I raise the vent pipe I'm not sure if I have enough room to keep the 45 degree angle. I would have to put a 90 degree elbow on the pipe. Can you have a 90 degree elbow on a drain waste vent pipe?
x071907 wrote:

Yes, without seeing the actual layout, there shouldn't be any problem using an EL. The fitting will provide the necessary slope (up toward the vent terminal) but you might double check with a level.
Jim