drain line vent thing?

Hey all,

Having a major brain cramp here. They make this fitting, acts as a vacumn breaker that you can install between a trap and the main waste line to prevent the trap from being sucked dry when you don't have access to vent it properly. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of it.

Anyone know? Thanks,

-Brian

Reply to
Brian V

Generic name is "air-admittance valve". Oatey makes an inexpensive plastic one. Studor makes a more sophisticated one.

See both here:

Not all jurisdictions will accept them...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim!

Reply to
Brian V

Sometimes referred to as a cheater vent.

Reply to
Alan