Drain lever in bath won't stay all the way open

Hello folks. In my bath/shower, when I flip the lever to open the drain, it pops back up a bit which leaves the drain partially closed and slows the flow of water down the drain. Any idea how to fix this? I flipped it opened then closed a bunch of times hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. It's a standard bath tub/shower, installed in the late 70s.
Thanks for any suggestions.....
Mike
I believe there's a clip behind the lever that has weakened or broken.
Just replace the whole thing-not expensive.
Hello folks. In my bath/shower, when I flip the lever to open the drain, it pops back up a bit which leaves the drain partially closed and slows the flow of water down the drain. Any idea how to fix this? I flipped it opened then closed a bunch of times hoping that would fix it, but it didn't. It's a standard bath tub/shower, installed in the late 70s.
Thanks for any suggestions.....
Mike

yeah just replace it mine did that parts were badly worn, its a easy fix

.
Just got around to fixing this minor problem as well. I removed the old "Trip Lever Overflow Plate Assembly" and took it with me to Home Depot. Found the universal replacement and installed it. Works like a charm. Gotta love a day off when you can get a few lingering projects done!
Mike
Mike wrote:

Indeed. Problem is I haven't gone to work in almost two weeks and i still have lots of projects to do :(
On the upside, the house *is* cleaner, more organized, etc. and I've done a lot towards getting both my car and truck "long trip roadworthy."
If I could get a whole month off, I might actually get caught up...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel