drain fly riddance??

I've had these annoying flies for several years now and nothing I seem to do gets rid of them. On the advice of an exterminator, I tried spraying the drains with a spray called "Bac-A-Zap", but it didn't seem to do much good and the flies have persisted. They seem to be all over the house and at times won't leave me or other family members alone. The best method I've found so far to at least take a bite out of their quantity is putting up sticky fly paper at various spots around the house, but aside from annoying the wife with their appearance, even they don't get them all.
Any ideas would be welcome to get rid of these annoying things.
thanks, Sam
On 8/18/15 6:23 AM, Sam Seagate wrote:

They're hard to kill because they are covered with hairs that repel water. They breed in organic matter in drains.
Pulling any hair out can help. A snake or a drain-cleaning gel can help. Some say bleach, boiling water, and vinegar don't work.
I like to maintain drains by pouring down a little baking soda, maybe a tablespoon, adding an ounce or water, and letting it sit. Then I cover the drain with a flap-style universal stopper and put in a couple of inches of water. I remove the stopper and use a plunger.
I've had drain flies, but only briefly, so maybe my cleaning method works.
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 5:23:08 AM UTC-5, Sam Seagate wrote:

Bac-A-Zap is simply a deodorizer. I've had success simply pouring water dow n the drain--lasts for about a week. Adding bleach helps too. Some drains s eem to lose the water in the trap rapidly--could be due to a blocked stack pipe, wind blowing over the stack top or suction from another fixture pulli ng water from the trap. You can also try an indoor insect spray that has re sidual killing effect.
On Tuesday, August 18, 2015 at 6:23:08 AM UTC-4, Sam Seagate wrote:

I noticed my almost empty coffee cup would sink a few. Just the other day I filled a salad bowl to the very top with a mocha coffee loaded with sugar. It did catch quite a few. More than I thought I had. Bowl needs to be totally full so when they land on the lip the tension pulls them in. Give it a try.