Drafting Services

Effective 07-05 ALL drawings submitted for permits in Ontario Canada must be professionally designed, i.e., either an arch or PEng. No exceptions, from smallest garage to ??? Current code states that only buildings over 5000 square feet or for commercial use must be stamped but this changed surprised even me.

Holy crap, that is restrictive. I can see where a house or commercial building should have real engineering, but how much can you pay to have a 10 x 10 shed designed?
in message

permits in Ontario Canada must be

PEng. No exceptions, from

square feet or for

surprised even me.
That sucks for homeowners. You should see the crude sketches I got approved here in NJ. They went right thru the first time! I was shocked. I just called it an "alteraton" instead of an addition and had no problemo.