Doublewide homes

So we are slowly rebuilding the outer walls because the siding is flaking away. (Ants, cockroaches, crickets found the glue tasty.) This problem has resulted in water damage to the 2x4s that make the wall. We don't have a lot of money so this project will take most of the remaining summer to complete as we can only afford to do about four panels (4x8ft) a week. We are also replacing the wiring as we go, that is adding lots of expense.
My son had bought me replacement windows for my bedroom after one was broken last winter. We decided only one window was needed in the bedroom and then changed the location of the window to have the light where we needed it. This has made the room more comfortable.
Now comes the question. It turns out the interior paneling has also taken damage and is crumbling when we try to remove it. So we need to replace it. Dry wall is _not_ an option. Conditions are too damp to use dry wall. I hate dry wall anyway, but I am not real keen on installing new paneling of any type. Any suggestions? I have considered hanging plywood and just painting it.
Vandy Terre wrote:

FRP? It's a tad expensive, but it's waterproof, washble and easy to work with. It's also available in various colors special order if the basic white and almond aren't good. This is the stuff that the food prep areas in restaurants, bakeries, etc. are covered with, fiberglass reinforced plastic, as it's easy to wash down with sanitizer.
On 6/14/2014 1:39 PM, Vandy Terre wrote:

stores. There is siding called T-1-11 that some people use in the North, not sure if that's at all suited. Wood look paneling comes to mind. Probably all of those are wood glue products, also.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 06/14/2014 01:39 PM, Vandy Terre wrote:

How do you feel about shabby chic?
http://indulgy.com/post/lsCnfa1aD1/corrugated-metal-walls
On Saturday, June 14, 2014 1:39:12 PM UTC-4, Vandy Terre wrote:

Before recommending anything, I'd want to know why the conditions on the interior side of a newly built wall are too damp for drywall..... If the wall is being constructed properly, that shouldn't be. And if it is, then it would seem to be a problem not just for drywall, but for the integrity of the whole job. Think about what's going to happen inside the wall with damp insulation, wood, etc.

either.

double thickness down by the floor in a few dank basements.
trader_4 posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Plus the moisture probably attributed to original bug infestation.
--
Tekkie

homes.
Iron Mike posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Isn't that sorta like the entrance to heaven?
--
Tekkie

And I know how to SNIP

I wonder if he is using pressure treated studs to combat the moisture? Of course the original plan of attack is why and where the moisture is entering? Maybe a new blue tarp and tires on the roof? Is there any insulation involved, I doubt it. Maybe contact Habitat for Humanity or other organizations that could possibly assist him? To the OP this really sounds like a losing proposition.
--
Tekkie "I know what it's like to be broke" - Billary Clinton

Julie Bove posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

He would know.
--