Double Wire Circuits

Page 2 of 2

Hold it right there, cowboy.
If you don't know the difference between neutral and ground, you have no business mucking about with 120VAC.

Code violation. Conductors are not allowed to be run in parallel below a certain size -- I think 2/0, but I'm not sure without looking it up.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jun 22, 10:27 am, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I know the difference in my own mind but since I rarely discuss electrical wiring with others I may use the wrong term occasionally.
Paul
Add pictures here
✖

First of all the white wire is not a ground. What are you using for ground? Is this in conduit?
Second of all, as mentioned, if one wire loses contact then its sister wire is now overloaded.
Third of all if someone does future work from that box they may likely just use only one of the 14ga leads, or branch off with only a single 14ga lead.
Add pictures here
✖

== I would consider your proposition bizarre to say the least, but since you are NOT going to do it anyway then the question does not have to be answered and the whole thing is moot. ==
Add pictures here
✖
If one wire were to be accidentally cut or disconnected, the other would then carry the entire load. That's why doing what you suggest violates code. Even if you run 100 pairs, each one is required to be large enough to carry the entire load.
Also, connecting two wires to one terminal of a breaker also violates code, and for good reason.

Add pictures here
✖

Not if the breaker terminal is listed for two wires. Some are.
Add pictures here
✖