Double tap?

Can I double tap off main breaker to feed two sub-panels?
On 24 Dec 2005 20:41:07 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Get an insulated splicing device with multiple holes for the wires. (Ilsco or similar) You really need to do the tapping on the load side of the service disconnect unless all of these panels are "grouped" in one location with 6 or less disconnects. Those conductors will be required to be treated as service conductors too (bonded raceways etc)
It is a lot safer/easier to tap the load side
Please explain exactly what your trying to do.
My main service has two 100A double pole breakers. Each one feeds a panel. I need one of those breakers for my new shop, so I need to know if I can feed my two panels in my house with one breaker and feed my shop with the spare. Is there a device that i can use to put four wires into one breaker. The reason I have two panels in my house is because I used to have electric heat.

I take it that your main electrical service does not have room for more breakers? Yes? Adding another breaker would be the right way to do this.
I am unaware of any product that would deliberately allow you to exceed the breakers capacity.
I suggest that you contact a pro for some "eyes on" anything offered here would be shear speculation.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

All defensive shooting experts recommend the "double tap."
With a single shot, knockdown occurs approximatel 90% of the time. Two hits on the same assailant raises this percentage to 98%. For the cost of a single cartridge - maybe twenty cents - the increased probability of disabling your adversary is certainly worth it. (Three shots raise the probability to virtual certainity BUT it has been found that three or more shots to a mope is very difficult to explain in court.)
Of course, this is assuming you hit the do-bad. Obviously, two shots double your chances of connecting with the nefarious squint.
Anyway, the unanimous opinion is, yes, double tap is always appropriate.
If your main panel and sub panels are near each other, you could feed your shop service from the old electric heat panel.