Double Sticky Tape With Foam Between Surfaces ?

Hi,

Was in HD the other day asking about this, but nobody there seemed to know what I was talking about. Wasn't in the paint Dept, surprisingly.

Trying to find a roll of Double-Sticky tape with a small thickess of foam between the two adhesive surfaces. This would help on an uneven surface I have.

Hard to believe HD doesn't carry it, but perhaps they don't ?

Any idea what this stuff might actually be called, or what Dept in HD might have it ?

Or anywhere else, perhaps ?

Thanks, B.

Reply to
Robert11

They carry it, but I don't recall seeing it in the paint department. I seem to recall seeing it close, but in an odd spot.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

It's a common item, but unfortunately it's also common for the people in the big box stores not to be familiar with a description of a product. I usually Google, find out the correct name and a SKU number, then ask customer service to search their computer and tell me where the product is located in the store.

In your case you're looking for Double Sided Mounting Tape or Double Sided Foam Mounting Tape.

It's also carried in most business supply stores such as Staples.

RicodJour

It's called mounting tape. I don't know where it is in HD, but any local hardware store-or any store that sells tape-should have it.

Reply to
Karl S

Mostly found as an impulse item near the checkouts. Also look near the picture hooks. I don't know why!

It is still made and sold. I sometimes us it to attach blind valences when I don't have the proper clip.

There is also a wide version that is used to install carpet. Can't recall if it has the foam core or not.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

I think it was "Robert11" who stated:

I buy mine at Radio Shack.

Reply to
Don Fearn

I used to be shocked at what HD doesn't carry. The list gets longer but it doesn't shock me anymore. I've got a great local store and don't waste my time on HD anymore.

mrsgator88

I've always known it as double face foam tape. I think that I have seen it at Home Depot, but I forget where. Try the aisle with the screws and fasteners. Art supply stores would carry this and probably Wal Mart also.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Yes, Wal-Mart has tons of it. Look for the 3M brand.

Reply to
Brian

Yes, all HD stores do carry it, it is called mounting tape and is in the paint department close to the masking tape. Like any large store you are at the mercy of the individual that is helping you at the time.

Reply to
Kram

I thought I saw it in the 'hardware' section. With the nails and screws. By the picture hanging hardware too.

Good luck,

tom @

Tom The Great

Reply to