Double pocket doors

I am in the process of installing two 18"pocket doors in my closet. I was wondering if there was a standard method of "stopping them" so they do not over run from each end and make them stop in the middle when opened?

Opened? Or closed?
My 114 year old pocket doors have stops in the middle. Here is a picture of one of them:
http://donwiss.com/PocketDoorStop.jpg
When closed I have them stopped pretty good when open. they tuck in perfect. Thanks. I will use the middle stop method. Don

Some use a stop in the middle of the top jam, others use a stop on the back side of the door that hits the jam but can be swiveled up and out of the way with a knife to let the door come out far enough to be removed. Don't scrimp on cheap hardware or you will fight them forever.
CR