double oven circuit size

I thought 30 amp # 10 should be plenty. Help.
--
Bacon and Eggs The chicken played a role, but the pig was committed!

a 30a, it is just a matter of using just one oven at a time. ;^)
Look at the wattage on the nameplate of the oven. Divide by 220V and you have amps. For example if the rating is 8kW (or 8kVA) and the voltage is 220 then the current required is 36A so go 10% higher and round up to 40A.
Not sure what gague wire is required for the 40A ckt but it should be easy enough to look up.

More like 25% higher.
We are going to put one in our kitchen. Most of the ovens we looked at require #6 wire with a 50 amp two-pole CB.
Most clothes dryers (well, the electric only ones) 30 amp circuits. The ranges I've worked on have been 50 amps.
But, who uses all the circuits at once? Only on thanksgiving. Just order pizza, and be done with it.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus