Double glazing company left gaps

Hi,

I had the double glazing done from a cow boys double glazers, They removed my wooden windows and fixed the new double glazed but did not fill the gap between the walls and the window frame but covered it up inside with strips. I only noticed when one of the strips fell off and noticed a see through gap around the windows.

Can I fill them up with expanding foams please?

Rajinder

Reply to
Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

Expanding foam might make the window hard to open/close. As ut expands it can warp the tracks ever so slightly. Probably best to use a high quality silicone based caulk.

Reply to
Dennis Turner

Depends on how big the gap is. If its 1/4" or more, get some foam "backer rod" from Lowes or HomeDEE and squeeze it in there. If its less than 1/4" use spray but get "minimal expanding" instead of triple expanding. Triple will warp the windows. The white stuff works better than the yellow sticky stuff.

Rudy

One friend of mine foamed in a wood frame around a storm door. Now.... the storm door doesn't close.

What he said about the window being hard to open and close.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon