Double gfci on my hot tub

I inherited a Catalina SPA hot tub with an Acura Powerstation control that contains an internal high current GFCI. These are the GFCI with a donut in the back normally used to switch a relay contactor. I recently ran 220v/50A service to the hot tub and installed a disconnect box close to it that includes a 50A GFCI. The Powerstation GFCI went bad and I would prefer not to replace it and bypass directly to the main contactor. My question: Since I already have a 50A GFCI installed in the disconnect box, do I need to have the internal one located in the SPA control as well? What would be the risk of bypassing it (removing it)? Help is appreciated.

Reply to
Miguel

Hi,

It depends on how everything is wired actually. If the pump and heater are tied to a working GFCI you should be fine. Send me a digital picture and i will be able to tell.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7