Doorbell that you can shu

Chemqueries:

C > Do any of you know whether there is such a thing as a doorbell that I can s ut C > off and on from the inside of the house? On weekend mornings, I'd like to e C > able to deactivate the doorbell or switch the sound off. I've been to seve al C > hardware stores and haven't found what I'm looking for. Thanks for any C > suggestions.

As some others indicated, a switch. You might want to consider a double throw switch so when the doorbell is off a reminder light is on.

  • Trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
Reply to
barry martin

Put a time clock on the transformer. My transformer is in the garage and it would not take much to put an time clock on the 120v side of the transformer. You will need to purchase a 7 day clock so you can program just weekends.

#2 put a toggle switch on the wall below the ringy dingy, When you go to bed move to the off position. It is 18v so almost anything would work.

Reply to
SQLit

My house has a wireless doorbell thing (an aftermarket doorbell, its hard wired into the house). The doorbell itself has a small battery and the part that rings inside the house plugs in. When you don't want to be disturbed, it would be easy enough to just unplug the ringer part.

Reply to
Tracey