Door trim and uneaven walls.

Hello all, I am installing door trim in our house and one of the exterior doors is about 1/4" or more short of coming flush with the interior wall, in some places. The wall is wavy to boot. I have been shaving the sheetrock, on the other doors and windows, with a sure form file but the amount that I would need to file off for this door seems to be too much. I considered ripping a couple of strips of wood to glue/screw to the sill to extend it to be flush but am not sure if it will look okay. I was wondering if anyone had any useful advice or suggestions.

Thanks, Gello

Reply to
Gello

Trim is often partially hollowed out on the back to accomodate such errors. I leave about 3/8" on each side of the back and rout out the middle inbetween part by about 3/16". Don't nall/screw too tight ot it will split. Adding the strips as you thougt about works OK too.

dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at

dadiOH