Door thresholds 101?

I'll be installing a new wood laminate floor in the bathroom, 3/8'' thick. The old floor was carpeting/padding over vinyl stick-on squares. Lovely to have around the toilet. My aim is not that good all the time.

The hallway has the same carpeting over padding, so the two rooms were previously on the same level. Now I have a slight shift in height, and a transition from one floor covering type to another, so I'm wondering what I need along the lines of a threshold. I've left enough hallway carpeting protruding into the bathroom so I can trim it back as needed to fit under (or against ?) the threshold.

Before I start installing the new flooring I reckon I need some idea of what's gonna happen there in the doorway. Is there a Thresholds 101 web page someone can point me to?

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot