Door swing survey

Page 3 of 3

That pretty well describes my setup. It was the last stage of adding the 18x30 addition. Measures IIRC 5x10' with a closet across the 5' end. Makes for 'nice' but also collects 'junk'. From memory it now has my box of newprint headed for recylce, part pack of water bottles, part carton of coke, part carton 7up, snow shovel and mucho dirt. Windo sill will have a few tools to be taken back to garace, a couple empty veggie cans headed for the recycle barrel, a stick to turn on/ off the motion sensor light (mounted in ceiling outside the storm door.
And tht is my _front_ door where all the visitors come in ;(
Harry K
On 2/27/2011 6:51 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

The storm door swinging out does kind of take up space. Trying to carry plants in and out when the season changes is a bit of a challenge, since the main part of the porch winds up behind the door. Getting the door open and then dodging around it can be a bit of a problem. However, having the storm door is a good thing, so I'm not sure what can be done to correct the problem.
That said I prefer to have a main door swinging in and a storm/screen door swinging out.
Bill

??? Don't you have oneof those door closure thingys at the top that has a little doo dad to holdl it open? I have a storm door out opener (with that closer) into a small mud room, leading to an out-opener main door. Carry stuff in? A second or so to lock the storm door open and I'm in business.
Harry K

My back door is leads onto what became a 3 season screen room after 2 rebuild. storm door opens out into it, Interior door opens in to a hallway with closet. Absolute PIA because it has to be shut to gain entry into the closet. We only close the door when we lock up on leaving.
Harry K
On 2/27/2011 12:10 PM, Harry K wrote:

I had an attic door behind the open swing in front door where there is often a closet, I know what you mean. And to finish the attic I had to take at least one door off the wall to get drywall up there. It was easier when I took off both the front door and the attic door.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Was the purpose of the HOA visit to discover how many residents were in flagrant violation of HOA rules regarding which way the main entry door swings?

Bubby, that is a csae of hineininterpretieren, or I missed your smiley here.
:-)}
--
Best regards
Han

No, just the annual meeting notice. This is not a real HOA (no deed restrictions or lien powers) and we have the opposite problem from most HOAs nobody has an opinion about anything. The big issue at the meeting will be the menu for the Easter cookout. It is a very low pressure environment. All we really maintain is a park shelter and a boat ramp. Nobody really screws with you for having a car up on blocks in the driveway and you can paint your front door any color you want, no matter which way it swings.

We have a HOA at our cabin. The dues are $25 a year. There are 17 cabins. We have a natural spring water system, maintained by an M.D. who has a cabin there. I hope nothing happens to him. We have never had a meeting or collected dues. Yet, more than $425 worth of work gets done every year. We just pass the hat, and cover for owners who aren't there until they visit, then no problemo collecting. But, some people MUST have rules and laws. And, don't forget the enforcers ....... Oh, my, if we had enforcers, we couldn't have the three and four cabin parties with tents in the yards for the kids, or a lot of it.
SteveB
Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Download the book $10 http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Gawd! We do HOA reserve studies. Over 600 now. We're the beancounters, and have nothing to do with nothing. But homeowners glomm on to us and have to tell us all sorts of tales of drunkenness and cruelty with regard to their HOA's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Zimbardo 24 college students. 12 made prisoners, 12 made guards. It lasted 6 days before it got violent.
Go figger.
SteveB
Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Download the book $10 http://cabgbypasssurgery.com
On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 09:21:51 -0800, Smitty Two

In this case it is probably a sample of what they were building all over this area at that time. This was not a builder specific neighborhood. The houses were all built independently over the last 50 years. I am sure I would get a similar result if I looked at any of the places around here that only sold lots and you build your house. I suppose you could use street view on Google to see.

Here's an interesting site in Nevada. We use it to get definition re: property lines, and what belongs to who, mainly on landscaping in big projects. Tons of personal info, and very helpful. You can get owner info on any lot that goes back to when they brought the dirt in.
But we use Google Earth to get more precise measurements. Google Earth does not make any property line delineation unless it is a government installation, Nat. Park, some others. Google Earth is also very useful for us planning ATV rides, and exploring the wilds around here before we go. And for even looking around the world.
SteveB
Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Download the book $10 http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

BRAIN FART!
http://gisgate.co.clark.nv.us/openweb/