Door Replacement

We have a steel door in the garage, leading to outside. It has rusted and we need to replace it. The house was built about 20 yrs. ago. I know the doors come complete with frame but the frame we have is fine. Any chance we can find a door with the hinges in the same place as our old one so we could just swap doors? Or is this something that keeps changing?

Reply to
Dorot29701

Good chance you can find the exact same thing. Do you know the brand? Stanley is one of the bugger brands around. Take a few measurements and head off to the supply store. You may even find details on a web page.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
calhoun

We have the door. It is the pre-hung type and we have started taking down the trim around the old one. Tomorrow we will try to put the new one up.

It's steel. The door came with a white coat of paint, primer I assume. What kind of paint should I buy to put on there so it will resist rust? Will I need a rust-resistant base coat with something else on top?

Thanks.

Reply to
Dorot29701

Reply to