door relay

Hi, I am looking for a small relay that works off a 12V supply that shorts 2 contacts together whenever another 2 contacts are shorted. Any part that I can easily get from Radio Shack that fits this behavior?

Thanks

Reply to
dchou4u

gfretwell

recyclebinned

Insufficient information. You already have two contacts shorted together...use them. OR else, there's some other requirement that we can't know. It is impossible to know whether two contacts are shorted without supplying some stimulus and looking at the response. The devil is in the details. Without knowing the other requirements, it's hard to offer relevant advice.

Reply to
mike

Also no current requirement and no info whether AC or DC. Most relays tend to be small, but some are really small. A higher current rating is required for DC because of arching.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

When the other two contacts are shorted (closed), does that supply the

12V to the relay?
Reply to
hrhofmann