Door opener

I close my electric garage door at night, making sure that it's closed all the way, and several mornings I've awoken to an open garage door. Anyone have any ideas on what might set the opener off? Thanks.

Spurious radio signal from neighbor's door transmitter-- or other RF source.
Patrick
Likely stray radio signals in the area, from neighboring garage door operators, or other devices. You might try re-coding the remote to see if that helps. If it does not work, you could just turn off th master switch once the cars are in for the night.

Floating ground or static? We have a drum machine (drummer in a box) at church and it has started on its own in the presence of static. Could be something similar?