door knobs

I'd like to know where I can find more door knobs like these. They are quaint and functional. I don't even know what they are called. Hope this link works. Perry http://perry.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.1.f3a4c5ff7688bf201ead2f1757cc2ddb-_CAT.0_REC.1_DET.1/date_uploaded-desc/0-30y

Perry Templeton wrote:

http://perry.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.1.f3a4c5ff7688bf201ead2f1757cc2ddb-_CAT.0_REC.1_DET.1/date_uploaded-desc/0-30y
Try places like this one:
http://www.houseofantiquehardware.com/re_doorset.htm
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

http://perry.zoto.com/user/image_detail/IMG.1.f3a4c5ff7688bf201ead2f1757cc2ddb-_CAT.0_REC.1_DET.1/date_uploaded-desc/0-30y If it is just the knobs you need, there are quite a few antique door knob dealers online, and retail shops like Restoration Hardware, perhaps in your area. Google for either "antique door knobs" or for "antique locksets", and note both the body of the search results, as well as the right hand paid-for advert. column.. Be sure you unscrew the set screws and disassemble the knobs from the spindle to see what shape, size, and length the axle is, so you know what to specify.. The lock mechanism in the photo looks *very* old - 19th century looking.

Not as nice, but....
http://cgi.ebay.com/Black-antique-door-knob-with-latch_W0QQitemZ7369833774QQcategoryZ37914QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
The house was built in 1950. My father in law built it. Perry

I would have thought that assembly was older than that.......

My house was built in 1959, but the builder apparently used wall studs are from 1800's barns, some doors from the 1920's, and a pre-world war II bathtub. My first impression is your father in law visited a few antique shops (then known as junk yards) to locate the door hardware, in this case.
It appears that the doorsets were first used in this house. The doors are cut perfectly to fit the sets. They are unique and very nice looking. They don't appear to be used more than this once. Actually, I'm looking for a descriptive, a name, a type or some key word to help me look more. I've looked at Lee Valley, and the like. Perry

I gave you some ideas for this, in my second of 3 letters, about how to search for knobs. That's all I could think of.