Door Chime Wiring

Picked up an old Edwards and Company (Cat No. 1480) door chime. The wiring panel has six connections (T, T1, 8, 2N, 2, 3). I can get the synchron going by connecting it to 24V and it will activate the strike mechanisms. Is the synchron suppose to be turning all the time? Looking for help with the wiring. Thanks.

Doesn't sound right. The syncron should activate only when the "front" button is pushed, and it should run for 1 full cycle and then stop. (Is this a westminster chime (Big Ben) style doorbell?)
The remaining terminals are for the rear and side doors.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HA HA Budys Here) wrote in message (CKY)

Thanks. Yes it is the Big Ben sound. You mean, when the button is pushed once, the syncron will make one full turn, even without power. I have another strike plunger mounted in the front, I can not get it to move. Is this one for the side/back door?

No, pushing the button starts the cycle. Doesn't matter if the button is held or not, the syncron will continue turning because it's got 24v directly from the transformer. (That's why there's 2 terminals usually labeled "trans.")

I suppose. You need to experiment to see which wiring configurations result in the proper operation.