Door bell wired wrong

Page 2 of 5

LOL... but, in all truth, you've missed the mark. I'm an adult convert to Catholicism; I was raised in a Protestant denomination. One of the things that I found strikingly different, when I began attending Catholic services with my wife, was how much *shorter* a Catholic priest's homily is, compared to a typical Protestant sermon. The length of the worship service is about the same, though, due to the time spent receiving Communion. It seems to me that Catholic weddings and funerals are typically slightly shorter than the corresponding Protestant services, although I don't have a large sample to judge that from.
--
Regards,
says...

My sample is also mercifully small. One wedding: 3 hours. Three. As in one, two, three. Three funerals: 2 hours minimum. My funeral: money set aside to hire a serious band. Maybe Hot Tuna, although I hope I don't go before they do.

Man! That's a *long* time. I've been to -- I think -- seven Catholic weddings. Longest one I can remember was about an hour and a quarter.

Longest Catholic funeral I've been to lasted less than an hour. The *shortest* Protestant funeral I've ever attended was an hour and a half.

:-)
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com says...

Catholics are at least Christians. They may be deluded, but not beyond hope. ;-)

--
Keith

No, that would be all the rest of you guys. :-)

So why do the JWs depart quickly when I tell them I'm Catholic?
--
Regards,
says...

Maybe they're allergic to incense, and your clothing still smells from the last mass you attended. Or, don't they do that in your church?

They do, but not often. Depends on the priest, too. Some use incense frequently, others only rarely.
--
Regards,

Speaking of not being converted:
Sven moves to a new town in Minnesota. On his first Friday in the new house, he resumes one of his old traditions: slowly barbecuing venison, which fills the surrounding properties with delicious scents. His neighbors are Catholic, and can't eat meat on Friday's Sven's a Lutheran. The scent drives his neighbors nuts.
After a month of this torture, the neighbors decide maybe they can get him to convert to Catholicism. The invite Sven to a church social. When the neighbors see how well he's getting along with people, they broach the conversion idea. Sven figures "Why not? Nice people, good cake...". Next Sunday, the deed is done. The priest finishes the ceremony with "You were born a Lutheran, you were raised a Lutheran, but today, you are a Catholic". More coffee & cake, and the neighbors seem relieved. They remind Sven that he can't have meat on Fridays. Fish is OK.
Next Friday, the neighbors notice the scent of venison on the grill again. They go over to the Sven's fence and hear him talking to the food on the grill: "You were born a whitetail, you were raised a whitetail, but today, you are a walleye!"

Maybe I could invite the JW's in for a some fresh venison stew? Do they eat meat ever?
To think I started this thread with a simple question about my faulty wired doorbell!
Is this a great country or what?!
Steve ;-}
ps I guess I should be carefull what I say or maybe I could get "plonked"!

What doorbell?

Yes, as far as I know. Furthermore, venison is OK for Jews and Muslims too.
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com says...

You're a waste of their time? Catholics can't be converted? Cathoolics have already been brainwashed - only one to a customer? ;-)
--
Keith

It often works that way. I find it a lot easier to understand it if you consider religions to be viruses (as according to Richard Dawkins).
These things behave as competing viruses. The one infecting you will try to keep out others, for it's own survival. The fact that only the OTHER one seems delusional, is just the virus trying to protect itself.
The oral bullshit is part of the virus' reproductive system.
This is also why it's so important (to the virus) to teach religion to children. The can become immune if not infected by the age of 7.
--
"So far as I can remember, there is not one word
in the Gospels in praise of intelligence."
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:13:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I would consider that lying. I am NOT thankful for another dose of BS. Then, I was never very good at social lying.

They probably think they're doing a good thing. I just close the door without saying anything.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

By claiming they can help you, they are also lying. And, trespassing. Do whatever it takes to get rid of them.

It's not trespassing to go up to someone's door and ring the bell, unless you have previously been told to stay away.
--
Regards,

Ha! They should sense my wishes before they set foot on the property. :-)

You could post a sign -- if they ignore a posted sign, they *are* trespassing.
--
Regards,
On Feb 8, 5:18 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

But unless you do something to put a stop to it, they will be back again, and again, and again...
Harry K
On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:18:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

"But you NEEEEED this stuff (my mind virus needs to reproduce)".
:-) (at least for admitting it)