Door bell cover

I need a replacement cover plate for my door bell. The current plate is metallic chrome but it's all corroded. It has the same size as standard cover plate for light switches. I removed it and there is a box behind it and there are two screws on the cover plate about 3.25" apart.
I tried to find a replacement plate at home centers like HD, Lowes etc... no luck. Then I started looking at specialty hardware store - higher end ones, nothing, all of them are of unique sizes, either too small or not the right shape to cover the hole of the box. I just need something simple and standard and no one has it. Then I searched on line and did not find any either.
Anyone has any suggestions?
MC
MiamiCuse wrote:

search on item# 33146 is that what you want ???
Try this one: http://www.twaathome.com/catalog/model_81080.htm?sid |57B4FDA2A07C11B8AEE9BBF84B0FDA&pid 01

For your door bell or door bell button?

This company sells the most expensive doorbell buttons I've ever seen. Check it out:
http://www.yourdoorbell.com /
Beachcomber

Yeah but you have to take into consideration that the screws are included. ;(
PS, Seriously, they are probably selling them to the Pentagon. :)
On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 18:19:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.none (Beachcomber) wrote:

Frankly, I like my 2 dollar illuminated doorbell button better than the ?art deco? stainless steel ones for 80 to 115 dollars. Even if I have to replace mine every 20 years.

What knockers! Here is another fine site I found for those of you who call yourself doorbell snobs. Still expensive, but a bit cheaper than "yourdoorbell.com".
http://www.designerhardware.com/Click_here_for_gift_ideas_s/68.htm
Beachcomber

I still gotta find someone to weld the jaws of a wolftrap open for my doorbell....
door bell. . . the same size as standard

Try www.doorbellfactory.com
pb