Donating to NYC

Page 5 of 6
Winston_Smith wrote:

YAwn.
On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 23:36:10 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Awww, is the poor widdle troll tired? I guess getting your ass lobed off, half jellied and the other half dehydrated, salted, and then handed back to you does take away all your ambition for a while.
Rest well, my friend.
Winston_Smith wrote:

I don't know. Are you?

Tell us all, troll. Just how they are supposed to cook any pasta, boxed or not.
Winston_Smith wrote:

--
Create wealth help your local businesman

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 22:48:56 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

In the NYC area...far too few do. I know a number of them personally. And a more ignorant bunch cant be found when it comes to practical stuff.
Dealing with them is like watching Seinfeld. Brrrrrrrr.
Gunner
-- "
Gunner wrote:

I've met too many 'New yawkers' that brag that they never cook anything, since there is never a time they can't find a restaurant open. "I can just by a slice, anytime around the clock! Why keep food in the apartment?"
It was fun watching a couple guys from that area suffer through cold weather survival training at the US Army Cold Weather Test Site. It's a good thing they were given some old rations or they would have died. Then the fools were begging everyone for the two cigarettes that were older than they were. Ever see a fool try to light a cigarette from a roaring campfire at -40F? Not a pretty sight.

One of the most disgusting TV shows I've ever had the misfortune to see.
On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 06:46:11 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

There is a second species class attached to humanity.
Homo Sapians Urbanis.
They are like a second species when they come from big eastern cities.
Yet 30 minutes outside of NYC..they are almost normal.
Shrug.

Indeed. And some people find it funny. It makes me sick and I refuse to watch it.
Soup Nazi????
Gunner
-- "
Gunner wrote:

Almost. ;-)

Only an idiot would find that funny. Why the hell would anyone want to go to a place like that, in the first place. Pay outrageous prices for soup from an asshole?

It was a sitcom? It was said that the show was about absolutely nothing. O_o
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I think you are missing a letter in that last word.

Full of absolute zeros?
08:17:36 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:

    Because everybody goes there, of course.
tschus pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
pyotr filipivich wrote:

Not me. Why wait in line for bad service?
14:34:03 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:

    Obviously, you are not a Hipster. Otherwise you'd know that Bad Service maps to "Cool Place."
--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake
pyotr filipivich wrote:

So does a redneck on a bulldozer, after he's refused service by some little ass. :)
to go to a place like that, in the first place. Pay outrageous prices

Nah, nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
technomaNge
--
Groucho, I think.

Did any of the troops "get it" and start to pack in some supplies? Or did the Lawn Guyland types just transfer their dependance to you?
"Go see Col. Terrell, he's got all that kind of stuff."
I've met too many 'New yawkers' that brag that they never cook anything, since there is never a time they can't find a restaurant open. "I can just by a slice, anytime around the clock! Why keep food in the apartment?"
It was fun watching a couple guys from that area suffer through cold weather survival training at the US Army Cold Weather Test Site. It's a good thing they were given some old rations or they would have died. Then the fools were begging everyone for the two cigarettes that were older than they were. Ever see a fool try to light a cigarette from a roaring campfire at -40F? Not a pretty sight.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You were issued these items:
1: Arctic sleeping bag. 2: Tent half. (Canvas tarp) 3: Arctic insulated boots w/pressure release. 4: Folding Shovel. 5: A couple matches. 6: Korean war surplus rations.
You sat through a four hour class that told you what you had to do to be safe, and to survive three days at under -20F. Even then, some thought they were smarter than the instructors.

I wasn't a Col. The only Col. on base was the commander.

When you really NEED something, you do like the officers and find a Sergeant.
Jim Wilkins wrote:

Or an engineer who knows a general, and isn't afraid to knock him down if he gets in the way. :)