    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xpydcl&s=4
The tiler butted thinset & tiles right against where the bolts need to slide out...
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=sf8gmt&s=4
On Sun 17 Aug 2008 09:53:46p, Red Green told us...

Couldn't see the pictures.
--
Date: Sunday, 08(VIII)/17(XVII)/08(MMVIII)

On 8/17/2008 10:01 PM Wayne Boatwright spake thus:

I could, but it took a good 5 minutes for them to appear (I have dialup), with megabytes of data flying and my hard disk grinding. And one picture was truncated. That site is so overloaded with Javascript and adware it's ridiculous.
--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: \'Elect me president, and I

I'm on dialup as well. With a cleared cache and opening browser from scratch, it took about 45 sec to display running at 47kbps. File is 90kb. Running Avast! AV & PCTools Firewall Plus. 3GHz CPU & 1GB RAM.

Some junk website. Took forever to view the pic.

My corporate security server blocks tinypics - tinyurl is OK, but not tinypics.
The rules are based on whether or not the site allows the user to download items.
On Sun 17 Aug 2008 09:53:46p, Red Green told us...

I was finally able to see the pictures. I think there was something wrong with the website when i first looked. I'm on a T1 carrier, so it came up quickly.
You're stating what the picture shows, but not stating what you want to do. Do the bolts in their present position not fit the toilet base holes?

It would be simply enough to chip out enough tile to free the bolts. I'm sure the toilet base would cover it.
You probably need to expand on the problem before anyone can offer advice.
--
Wayne Boatwright

It's a done deal Wayne. Toilet is back in. Just an amusing post on what you can find.
Any toilet I've pulled always has had the elongated cutouts for the bolts at 9 & 3 o'clock. This one was put in at noon and 6 o'clock. Not sure why. The two slots at 9 & 3 do fit. I suppose tilers are used to going as close to the ring as possible since the bolts are usually insterted from the top anyway.
You are right about getting out a piece so the bolts can be slipped out. The Roto-Zip I got a bit back came with a 3 1/2" dry diamond blade and did a neat quick job. Also makes it a piece of cake cutting off the bolts to length to put the caps on.
On Mon 18 Aug 2008 09:09:56p, Red Green told us...

Yes, I recognized that the position was opposite of what it should be. Glad to know that the bolt positions worked with your toilet. I've been wanting one of those Roto-Zips. Maybe Christmas? :-)
--
Wayne Boatwright