Don't let your wife buy a shower curtain

I have not been posting here lately because a few weeks ago my wife decided to buy a new shower curtain...then noticed the rest of the bathroom looked dingy.

Not only have we now ripped the room entirely apart and put it back together , we've redone the living room, dining room

and now are re-doing the entire kitchen (except for the floor)

She originally made no plans for new lighting and someone here mentioned that.

Yesterday she said, "Hey we should replace the lights too"

Immediately I agreed and told her "saw that coming"

My wife and I are doing most of it ourselves and pay a friend to assist.

The only thing we are "hiring out" for is the wall paper hanger

and the installation of the new sink/counter.

Home Depot told me they require their own contractor to measure and install it ... that's fine with me. Because I will remove the old one and do the plumbing hook up the price is minimal.

Reply to
philo

We have no shower curtains. $26,000 later, both bathrooms have glass doors. I know your pain. Kitchen is next.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

These are cheaper:

Bachelorhood does have its advantages. No one asks me "Are you really going .......... looking like that?"

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

At least you're busy and not bored! haha

Reply to
Muggles

We ran out of things to do in the house (kitchen, 2 bathrooms, bedroom etc) She bought a swing at the boat show and we had to add a 200 sq/ft covered deck to our 2300 sq/ft screen cage.

gfretwell

I have neither curtains nor doors, just big showers sunk a bit :)

Reply to
dadiOH

25 years ago I ripped the kitchen down to the 2 x 4"

(real 2 x 4" in this 117 yr old house and put in 5/8" drywall.

At least that is still good.

25 year old wallpaper is coming out tomorrow
Reply to
philo

I can take a shower with no curtain, washing my hair ( or lack of it) takes two seconds.

I think she needs it done right though

Reply to
philo

Since I retired 3 years ago I think I've had all of three days of down time

Reply to
philo

Way out of my price range.

I just have a small jungle in my back yard

Reply to
philo

Some people retire and a month after they do they die. I want to keep going, and so far so good since I retired, just like you.

Reply to
Muggles

yep. I've known a number of people who had no idea what they'd do...and they soon died.

I ""But I would not know what to do otherwise."

Reply to
philo

The first few days I was off from work I didn't know what to do with myself. After a few weeks of that I started working on little projects and I haven't stopped since.

Reply to
Muggles

I'll turn 70 next month and still work 4 days a week, except I like my job and co-workers. I don't consider it "work"Next year it will be 3

1/2 days
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I hope I'm still going that strong when I'm your age!

Reply to
Muggles