Don't invest in solar power

Page 1 of 2  
While solar power seems to be a form of free energy, after the initial investment for equipment, dont do it! The reason is that in less than one year, the Sun is going to burn out. Without the sun, solar power will not work. You'll spend many thousands of dollars on equipment that will not have any value. Some persons believe that the Sun will last forever, when in fact it's nearly dead now. It's been burning for millions of years, and it's almost out of fuel. Once the Sun burns out, all solar equipment is obsolete, and you'll only get scrap metal value for it, which is little compared to the cost to buy it.
It is likely the Sun will actually burn out before the end of this year.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 04:26:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@lakenet.org wrote in

Not so. While the sun is shining you can capture some of the solar generated power and use it to power a light that you shine on the solar power array. That will keep generating electricity after the sun dies. You can do the same type of recapturing with wind turbines connected to large fans.
It sounds like a perpetual motion machine, but that is the kind of thing that appeals to greenie weenie sun/wind enthusiasts.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/28/2012 8:31 AM, CRNG wrote:

Facetious, obviously, but any homeowner knows that stuff wears out and has to be replaced. IMHO, estimated payback periods do not consider this in their calculations.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:34:42 -0400, Frank

Agree. Few people take depreciation into account when making an economic decision. That's probably because it would interfere with getting the answer they want.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 6/28/2012 8:53 AM, CRNG wrote:

The only difference with home-generated energy and commercially-supplied energy is the size of the government subsidies. Neither system is economically sustainable without outside support *or* raising prices to reflect the real costs and risks of the ventures.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" ( snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz) writes:

"economy of scale"?... Isn't that just claptrap, fantasized by unscientific economists/bean counters?
Oops... ignore the above... wrong news group!
ps. (not to be a pedant, but it's 'economies of scale')
-- "The world will end in 100 months because of Global Warming" Canadian Greenpeace, May 3, 2008.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 28 Jun 2012 19:48:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (M.A. Stewart) wrote:

Economics is a big part of engineering, too.

pps. it's both. http://www.investorwords.com/1653/economy_of_scale.html
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
harry ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) writes:

Advanced??? Then why do your automobiles pollute the air?
Fact: 99.999% of automobiles licensed to go on the road in Europe, since 1970, _HAVE NOT_ been allowed on the roads of North America. Reason... they don't meet the California/USA/ Canadian emission regulations!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (M.A. Stewart) wrote in wrote:

Most of Europe doesn't have the type of weather suited to solar.
Plus,$6000 USD is quite a lot of KWH,unless his KWH over there is outrageously priced. I'm also curious as to how it's put back into the power grid,phasing and all that.
then there's the cost of the solar panels and installation,so how long will it take to pay off that debt? what subsidies did he get?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Really? You've never seen a Ford or GM car in Europe? What a liar, you are, harry.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

At least you admit that you're a damned liar.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Why don't you move the goalposts some more, liar?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
harry ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) writes:

Jesus!... this Harry bloke needs a lie down.
I wasn't talking about American cars... I was talking about cars _ALLOWED_ on the roads of NORTH AMERICA.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You're a liar. He did deny it, as did every sane person here.

Wrong, as usual.

Yanks certainly do but Rebs, not so much.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Submarines as a WMD? You are one dumb bastard, harry.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

[..../] IRONY

Hardly WMDs, you dumbass limey liar.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

We were all talking about how stupid you really are, too.

Of course you would come up with more lies.

Who wouldn't have expected one more lie, from harry?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Jun 28, 4:26 am, snipped-for-privacy@lakenet.org wrote:

Andy comments
If what you say is true, simply take out a loan for the cost of the solar installation.... When the sun burns out, there will be no heat or light, and the loan company cannont find your house to repossess their property...
.... dude... you just gotta think it through !!!!
Andy
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:17:12 -0700, Steve B wrote:

Soylent green?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

So you admit that Obama is *many* times worse than "Shrub".
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.