*DON'T BUY WERNER LADDERS!*

Page 1 of 2
GREENVILLE, Pa. (AP) - A ladder company is moving part of its operations to Mexico as part of its plans to close a Mercer County plant.
Werner Co. said Tuesday it will house a ladder parts plant in Juarez, Mexico. An undetermined number of jobs at the company's Sugar Grove Township ladder plant will be moved to the Mexican operation, the company said.
The Juarez factory will begin operating later this year and employ 50. The company is shuttering the local operation and cutting nearly 500 jobs.
The move is part of Werner's strategy to lower labor and manufacturing costs, said John Guyton, Werner's director of human resources.
Workers criticized the move. "They're making a profit and they want to make more of a profit," said Phil DeMatteis, a former president of United Steelworkers Local 3713 and a current union member.

Mexico.
ladder
costs,
make
THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!
yawn..........................................
Good. Now maybe the price of those ladders will come down to something reasonable.

operations
because
Go around your house. Toss everything that is made outside of the US, including parts and pieces you may have to actually remove from the house itself. Now go to that US made (haha) car that your union coerced you into buying, and remove all the parts not made in the US.
I bet you will feel better once you truly practice what you preach against. And we won't report you to your "Made In America" buddies for having bought all this contraband in the first place.
And don't forget NOT to buy any produce or meat or foods not entirely from the US. That includes meals prepared at restaurants.
Steve
Crap snipped

Does this include the meals prepared by illegal aliens?
Sure! After all with out them you would be paying more if you could even find someone to do the work. You should also include legal aliens as well, and I guess you could include all the food produced with non-citizen help as well.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
HeatMan wrote:

Shit! What if you are an illegal alien!? I know...     GO HOME!

Does that mean you were Made In (South or Central) America
or did someone Make you in America while on the run.

Made on the run. My father server in WW2 and was home on leave. He is buried in France. Any other questions smart ass?

buried
just 1 more. how about those K.C Royals.....eh!
"The wit makes fun of other persons; the satirist makes fun of the world; the humorist makes fun of himself."
lighten up!

MAKE
them
Then why do you continue to buy these products and support these companies?
You sound a little conflicted to me.
You need to join an activist group, get involved in politics, donate to a PAC, or move to California.
Steve

Spoken like a true union man!
Jeff
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 22:15:35 -0700, "Desert Traveler"

True story:
Buddy of mine and his friend got a summer job helping to load freight in an union shop. First morning out, they're going like gang busters to get the stuff loaded. About noon one of the union guys pulls them aside "Hey, slow down, you're ruining it for the legit guys".
Bob
On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:17:19 GMT, "Nehmo Sergheyev"

Not true at all.
Have a nice week...
Trent
Nehmo

other
product.
Trent"
Nehmo I take it that you are disagreeing with the concept that prices are market driven. *Why* do you think that's not true?
--
*******************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

the
of
much
No, the U.S. is moving away from being a productive society. Jobs are going overseas and not being replaced by anything at all.
Adam Smith was a moron. People are not pigs or cotton. When labor is valued as a commodity, humanity soon becomes dirt cheap, and expendible. I'm sure Adam Smith wouldn't mind legalizing murder if the meat can be sold for a profit.

Well, mostly. If you're a really big company, say like Dick Cheney's Halliburton, you move the company headquarters to Bermuda. Then you take advantage of a loophole in the US Tax Code that the Republicans steadfastly refuse to close and you pay no US taxes.
Bob

America. You gotta love it. You (or I) could do the exact same thing. It is all within the law, but just not with in the realm of thinking of some people. But we CAN do it.
Steve
On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 18:05:15 -0700, "Desert Traveler"

Yes, we _can_ do it. However, the costs involved in setting it up are substantial in contrast to my company's income whereas they are nearly unnoticeable on the balance sheet of a company the size of Halliburton or Xerox, to name just two that are doing the Bermuda (no)Tax scam.
Bob

doing.
want
You
Well, Bob, I currently have a CFP (certified financial planner) who handles all my investment, insurance and accounting affairs. I am very happy with him. I live a very comfortable lifestyle which is funded and in trust. It is sufficient for the rest of my life, and I am 55. My children and grandchildren will be taken care of also. A Bermuda Corp would not be the best way to go for me right now, as I currently concentrate on short term second deeds of trust that bring me between 14 and 20%. Why get complicated? Or greedy? BUT, I could do it tomorrow if I wanted to. You see, Bob, it is all up to me, just like it is all up to YOU.
I pay my taxes. Every one that I have to pay, that is. On every tax I pay, I understand how the tax system works, and can either pay it, or structure things to lessen the tax or not have to pay it. It's all about educating yourself, Bob, and paying someone to advise you insuch matters. Lots of books at the public library for free that will tell anyone how to reduce their taxes LEGALLY. Not one of those "You don't have to pay income tax" books, but real books about the tax laws.
You seem to have confused my statement with a diatribe. Everything I have done, and everything Mr. Cheney has done could be done by anyone. Even you, Bob. It's all about choices, Bob. So quit whining and complaining if you feel your life is not in the order that you think it should be. It's your fault and no one elses. Quit envying everyone else. As it is, you are a very rich man. Just compare yourself to the bum in the gutter instead of the millionaires, and your perspective will change. Are you looking at what you have or what you don't have?
Be thankful.
Steve