Don't buy used GM cars - no warranty anymore

Page 2 of 2
On 06/09/2011 7:20 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Actually not. THe majority of holdings were mutuals in 401Ks and pension plans. Just GM screwing Americans where it counts.
--
First rule of holes: If your in one, don't keep digging.
So in the hole, why do we insanely want more debt?
On 06/09/2011 7:06 PM, aemeijers wrote:

Bond holder tried to enforce their contract with GM, but Obama instructed the courts to let GM welsh. Anyone who lends GM money now is insane. OMG (Obama Must Go) and Bernanke needs to be fired before I would lend money in the USA. You might be better off in Venezuela thna the USA right now as a lender.
--
First rule of holes: If your in one, don't keep digging.
So in the hole, why do we insanely want more debt?

Oh. Well I'll damned sure take the word of a GubmintMotors employee over a Automotive magazine writer !!

*I am usually reluctant to buy anything major from a company that I know to be in business only a few years. You just don't know if they will be around in the future for parts or service. Even though they are using the GM name, by their own words they are not the same company. It reminds me of BMW buying the Rolls Royce trademark and name and then building their own factory and filling it full of boat builders.
On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 07:37:33 -0400, "John Grabowski"

I only had a GM warranty on one car, and it worked well. The Impala spindle issue causing tire wear was never covered by warranty. It's one of those defects GM tried to avoid paying for by mostly denying, because it only happens to some limited number of cars. They don't want to recall all the Impalas for that. If they did the right thing and fixed it for people having the wear problem, this class action would have been avoided. They've been denying defects forever. Most of the car manufactures do it, but GM is probably the champ. I only drive used GM's and have dealt with peeling paint on 2 cars, and put manifold gaskets in 2 as preventative maintenance. I would just put the new spindle kit in if I had an Impala and tire wear. Think it's a couple hundred bucks Of course that's why I could retire early - don't spend much on cars. GM used cars are cheap for a reason. Suits my purpose well, but people spending big money on new cars have a right to be pissed. What's really stupid is GM letting a lawyer talk about not being responsible for "old GM." Shows stupidity has a long life.
--Vic

I would not buy anything associated with GovMint motors. They're crap anyway.
Family member worked with dealers for years and now retired works part time for a car rental agency and sees all makes of cars.
Comparing cars, his last cars were Nissan and Subaru's.
Both are made in US plants by US workers. The GovMint motors cars may be made in Mexico or Canada and all are using lot of Japanese parts. Last "American" car I had was a Ford lemon manufactured in Mexico.

You obviously didn't read the article. The new GM is not trying to get out of the warranties. What they are doing is saying they are not responsible to defend lawsuits against the OLD company. They ARE saying that they will stand behind the EXPRESS written provisions of the old companies warranties. Of course, the ambulance chasing lawyers don't like it.
On 05/09/2011 6:57 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Just bullshit. Fact is people go to GM in the cities they live and have problems. That would be GM.new. Consumers don't give a crap about GM.old and GM.new, that is just political bullshit as it says GM on the warranty.
What is really happening is GM.new is trying to deny claims, hoping for $2000 they don't find a good one and lawyer up. I wonder how many are quietly getting screwed over?
Here is one for ya. I know someone in the business. The latest scam is to charge the customer saying it isn't covered. If they just pay, then the dealer submits it to the auto head office for reimbursement, getting the double dip.
It is just another reason not to deal with GM and other corrupt CAW/UAW/auto companies.
--
If it is all Bush's fault, then how come Obama is doing much more of the
same and expecting different results?
On 9/5/2011 8:57 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

There is this thing called goodwill. The new Government Motors can certainly go with the letter of their agreement with Obama but it isn't good for business. One of the most basic rules of business is that you work to keep customers because of the high cost of getting new ones.

The company did the math and decided the cost of this was more than the value of the good will. Especially since, if they let this one through then there will be others. Get REAL expensive real quick.

And more then likely they will gain very little goodwill. Most of the people will continue to badmouth GM since we know going in that they wanted something they had no legal right to and people like that are usually nothing but a pain in the ass forever.