Don't buy Behr polyurethane or paint products

I went to the

website to get more information about a Behr polyurethane product I had just purchased at Home Depot. There was not information on the
website about any of their polyurethane products. There was a website feedback link, so I sent my feedback about that. They wrote back that the Behr polyurethane products are not available in all areas, so there is no information on the Behr website about their polyurethane products. But I could call them if I have any questions or concerns -- yeah, right.

Shown below is the email back and forth (reads from the bottom up):

---------------------------------------

So, if I live in an area that sells Behr polyurethane products, I am a fool for buying them because your company website doesn't provide any information on Behr polyurethane products.

Bottom line: stop buying any Behr products at Home Depot etc. since the Behr.com website only supports the Behr products that it sells online -- and that doesn't include Behr polyurethane products.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:19:19 -0800 From: snipped-for-privacy@BEHR.COM Subject: Behr Process To: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Thank you for contacting Behr Process.

At this time our polyurethane finish is only available in limited markets. The polyurethane finishes are currently not available at Behr.com. We would be glad to answer and questions or concerns you have on these products.

Regards,

Hilda Lopez

Web Communications

11/12/2009 11:33 AM

To snipped-for-privacy@behr.com

Subject Feed back information on new Behr.com website.

I think the website stinks. It has a lot of fancy web effects, but I can't find basic information that I want.

I am looking for product information and application directions for Behr polyurethane products for hardwood floors. It sure beats me where that is on the Behr company website.

LeonJayP

Hi, I think that is not a good enough reason to avoid Behr product. Even thios summer I used their paint. Is their product low quality or bad? Then.....

Reply to
Tony Hwang

"I think the website stinks."

Always sure to elicit a helpful response.

Reply to
Larry Fishel

What does it say on the can? If that isn't sufficient the nice folks at Behr offered to answer any questions, did you ask any or just bitch?

Reply to
dadiOH

You seem more intent upon complaining than having your questions answered. They offered to help you, why not take them up on their offer?

Reply to
Ken

So go to Sherman Williams then.

Reply to
Davej

Thats a poor excuse for your lack of knowledge.

Reply to
ransley

Some people just want to hear themselves b-tching.

Reply to
Sanity

It's intentional.

They do that to discourage malcontents from using their product.

Reply to
HeyBub

What's with this changing the discussion topic? Some people just figure out how do do it or what?

Reply to
hoser1605

I thought the topic was Behr's perceived surly and uncaring attitude, not how to use their products.

Reply to
HeyBub

Ken wrote in news:hdunne$cpp$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I read it as they would be glad to answer and questions or concerns of only the products available at Behr.com. They poly is not on Behr.com so they can't/won't try to answer.

The reply is weak/sucks.

OP: just return it.

Reply to
Red Green

Hold yer phone calls, folks, we have a winner!

I've bought a lot of Behr products, and have no complaints WHATSOEVER.

Reply to
SteveB

----------------------------------

so, let me get this straight..... _WE'RE_ supposed to stop buying a product, because _YOU_ don't understand it's use... YA.. oooooookay.

Steve Barker

Oh. My. God. You can't be serious.

It's f-ing POLYURETHANE! If you can't learn all you could possibly want or need to know by reading the can, you've got no business purchasing it.

Reply to
mkirsch1

He didn't ask any questions! What do you want them to say?

Reply to
mkirsch1

You have attained true enlightenment, grasshopper.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

grasshopper?

Reply to
Steve Barker

Okay... Banana Slug.

Reply to
salty

Sorry. Reference to original Kung Fu series. It was what the old, blind guy always called Caine.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman