Don't buy Behr polyurethane or paint products

Page 1 of 2

I went to the http://Behr.com website to get more information about a Behr polyurethane product I had just purchased at Home Depot. There was not information on the http://Behr.com website about any of their polyurethane products. There was a website feedback link, so I sent my feedback about that. They wrote back that the Behr polyurethane products are not available in all areas, so there is no information on the Behr website about their polyurethane products. But I could call them if I have any questions or concerns -- yeah, right.
Shown below is the email back and forth (reads from the bottom up):
---------------------------------------
So, if I live in an area that sells Behr polyurethane products, I am a fool for buying them because your company website doesn't provide any information on Behr polyurethane products.
Bottom line: stop buying any Behr products at Home Depot etc. since the Behr.com website only supports the Behr products that it sells online -- and that doesn't include Behr polyurethane products.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:19:19 -0800 From: snipped-for-privacy@BEHR.COM Subject: Behr Process To: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
Thank you for contacting Behr Process.
At this time our polyurethane finish is only available in limited markets. The polyurethane finishes are currently not available at Behr.com. We would be glad to answer and questions or concerns you have on these products.
Regards,
Hilda Lopez
Web Communications
11/12/2009 11:33 AM
To snipped-for-privacy@behr.com
Subject Feed back information on new Behr.com website.
I think the website stinks. It has a lot of fancy web effects, but I can't find basic information that I want.
I am looking for product information and application directions for Behr polyurethane products for hardwood floors. It sure beats me where that is on the Behr company website. --------------------------------------------
LeonJayP wrote:

Hi, I think that is not a good enough reason to avoid Behr product. Even thios summer I used their paint. Is their product low quality or bad? Then.....
"I think the website stinks."
Always sure to elicit a helpful response.
LeonJayP wrote:

What does it say on the can? If that isn't sufficient the nice folks at Behr offered to answer any questions, did you ask any or just bitch?
--

dadiOH
____________________________
LeonJayP wrote:

    You seem more intent upon complaining than having your questions answered. They offered to help you, why not take them up on their offer?

Some people just want to hear themselves b-tching.

I read it as they would be glad to answer and questions or concerns of only the products available at Behr.com. They poly is not on Behr.com so they can't/won't try to answer.
The reply is weak/sucks.
OP: just return it.

He didn't ask any questions! What do you want them to say?

Hold yer phone calls, folks, we have a winner!
I've bought a lot of Behr products, and have no complaints WHATSOEVER.

So go to Sherman Williams then.

Thats a poor excuse for your lack of knowledge.
LeonJayP wrote:

It's intentional.
They do that to discourage malcontents from using their product.

What's with this changing the discussion topic? Some people just figure out how do do it or what?
hoser1605 wrote:

I thought the topic was Behr's perceived surly and uncaring attitude, not how to use their products.
LeonJayP wrote: ----------------------------------

so, let me get this straight..... _WE'RE_ supposed to stop buying a product, because _YOU_ don't understand it's use... YA.. oooooookay.

You have attained true enlightenment, grasshopper.
--
To find that place where the rats don\'t race
and the phones don\'t ring at all.
Kurt Ullman wrote:

grasshopper?
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:33:25 -0600, Steve Barker

Okay... Banana Slug.

Sorry. Reference to original Kung Fu series. It was what the old, blind guy always called Caine.
--
To find that place where the rats don\'t race
and the phones don\'t ring at all.

Oh. My. God. You can't be serious.
It's f-ing POLYURETHANE! If you can't learn all you could possibly want or need to know by reading the can, you've got no business purchasing it.