Dome Flushmount Light

The light in my bathroom went out but I can't figure out how to remove the dome to get to the bulbs.I looked up the light fixture and it's called a Dome Flushmount Light,their are no visible screws so I'm completely stumped.Here is what the light fixture looks like.

please.

Reply to
fxguy41

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

The photo has visible screw holes...

Reply to
kpg*

innews: snipped-for-privacy@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

There are no screw holes on mine,I didn't see them on the one in the photo either.I found a picture of another one,if it helps.

fxguy41

" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

The entire globe must screw off then.

Reply to
kpg*

Well, you could open a boxed one and read the instructions :-) I have much different ones on my porch, but the glass removes by pushing it in slightly and turning it, then it drops down.

Reply to
DT

innews: snipped-for-privacy@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

That's what I thought but when I try to unscrew it,I'll get it about half way and it starts to make a sound like I'm twisting wires.I should not be this difficult to change a light bulb.

Reply to
fxguy41

Try rotating the glass counter-clockwise. It could be fully threaded, but I am thinking that there are just some slots in the glass and it is rotated clockwise to lock into place.

Reply to
John Grabowski

Just tried but it didn't work,guess it's time to call a professional.

Reply to
fxguy41

I like DT's suggestion - got to lowes and open the box.

Reply to
kpg*

innews: snipped-for-privacy@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

Just the lens should turn, not the whole fixture. How many alt.home.repair members does it take to replace a bulb? All of them. :-)

This may be a job for two people.

Reply to
willshak

innews: snipped-for-privacy@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

As it turns out it was a job for two people,I caught a couple of painters working in the apartment next to me and they were able to get but it did take both of them.One to hold the brass part still while the other one unscrewed the glass globe.Thanks and if anything I learned just how many painters it takes to unscrew a light fixture.

Reply to
fxguy41

Like these two maybe?

Jeff (Who couldn't resist....)

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

innews: snipped-for-privacy@r23g2000prd.googlegroups.com:

Yes, it needs 2 people. One to turn the lens and the other to hold the house.

Reply to
mm