Dollar Tree, victor NY, bad customer service

Page 1 of 2
Just had the worst customer service I can remember in my entire life. At a Dollar Tree, in Victor NY. I've had good service there in the past, which is why this is so exceptional. The clerk, a teen boy, with the name tag "CAMERON" asked if I was finished so he could cash me ot. Needed to get his drawer open so he could give the other lady her change. I said I wasn't sure, but what the heck. Cash me out.
He explained that I could continue shopping. He'd done this before, that some customers buy one item, and then go back to shopping. So I told him, I was finished enough, and he should cash me out. Over a period of 3 to 5 minutes, I told him four times to go ahead and cash me out. Or was it five. He kept talking and talking, until finally I used my best drill sargeant voice and ordered him to cash me out.
He kept talking. It became clear that he was abusing his power, and just dangling me on a string. I stormed out of the store. I went home, got the number, and called the store manager, and give him a detailed account. Al, the manager, sounds like he's not from NY. Very friendly fellow. Including reccomend that the boy should be fired immediately. Al says he'll get to the bottom of this. But he can't fire the kid after nine months of no complaints. He could if it were something really serious. I explained that mistreating customers lost him a sale, and may have lost him a customer. I left him my name and home phone number, if he needed further testimony.
And then I called national, left a message with them, got their voice mail. Same reccomendation. If you've ever been in the Victor Dollar Tree, and had bad customer service by a dark haired teenager named Cameron, please imediately telephone the store, and tell Al about it. (585) 223-6050.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

WWJD?
Add pictures here
✖
DerbyDad03 says...

Smite the teenaged employee?
Banty (oh wait, wrong testament..)
Add pictures here
✖

The old testament at least implies that stoning the kid to death might be appropriate.
Add pictures here
✖

re: The old testament at least implies that stoning the kid to death might be appropriate
I think they sell stones at the Dollar Tree. All he would have to do is get some from the shelf, cash out...oh wait...that's how this whole thing started.
Never mind.
Add pictures here
✖

OK, BFD. So the teenage kid at the Dollar Tree, in Victor NY got stoned. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:24:55 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

Thanks for the chuckle.
Add pictures here
✖

What did the kid keep talking about while you waited for him to do his job?
Add pictures here
✖

Probably about getting stoned.
Add pictures here
✖
Red Green wrote:

Was he wearing a Red Wings jersey by any chance? Guess he hasn't got that Ferrari paid for yet.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Red Wings? WAIT! I've seen this kid.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2s6vukl&s=3
Add pictures here
✖

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote in message

Is that why you're called Stormin Mormon? ;-)
Cheri
Add pictures here
✖
No, I'm paying honor to Stormin Norman Schwartzkopf. He said something I can't remember the quote exactly, but it was good. "We will go find them, and kill them".
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Its a freaking dollar store not Macys.
Add pictures here
✖
RickH says...

And - they nonetheless have enough resources to pursue a defamation case, if they care, because of this being posted all over tarnation. And harrassment!
Even from this story, I can't say part of the problem was not the O.P. himself - not sure what exactly he meant by "cash out" in this context and why it had to happen immediately. The story isn't clear.
At any rate, this is really an unecessary post to have made. Over, at worst, a young worker's shortfalls one instance.
Banty (BTW, what would Jesus do?)
Add pictures here
✖
Banty wrote:

Truth is a defense to defamation.

Harrassment is a crime only if it's sexual.

Jesus would shop at Walmart.
Add pictures here
✖

True, but the story is a bit 'off' (doens't make sense in the telling), which to me is a signal that there is a problem with his teling, or at least his perception of what happened. He might find the teen and the manager has quite a different memory or it.
See, he's not in a position to prove what's true.

Not true. Phone harrassment, to take an example, is a crime.

Jesus wouldn't shop much.
Banty
Add pictures here
✖

No doubt using currency that says In God We Trust.
Add pictures here
✖
Banty wrote:

A. Truth is, of course, an absolute defense.
B. What are the damages that the "Dollar Store" could actually proove? Proove quantifiable lost sales as a proximate result of the OP's post ? It is not possible.

-N- Things store in Beaverton, OR just this weekend.

Tooth Fairy would do?
Add pictures here
✖