Dogs with habits of pissing on inanimate objects

Could someone tell me why dogs in particular have a fascination of pissing on expensive (usually electronic) equipment? I run a small appliance repair shop; and most of the time I leave my door open to customers, but today; someones mutt walked in and pissed on a microwave I was working on; I was in a back room at the time it happened and when I walked out into the room the mutt ran away before I got a chance to kill it.

All animals love to to piss on "something", same thing with some people, if someone is outdoors and nature calls they feel the need to walk up and piss against a tree, building, utility pole, hot dog stand, other people, ect...

Also; most people get killed in the process; like this guy:

Phillip77776666

On the 7th day, the creator realized he'd forgotten something: A convenient, stupid pistol target for the future when guns were invented. So, he invented dogs. Unfortunately, he also arranged for 75% of the human population to be so stupid that they'd pass laws protecting these animals. Now, we're overrun with them.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Bad Dog!!!

Obviously he saw the opportunity to expand his territory to include your shop. If it was territorial, he will be back. The more they sniff, the more they want to contribute.

Just don't tell the customer

Reply to
PipeDown

Make him a pissing pole. Get a FiShock and hook it up in front of your business. If he pisses on it one time or touches it with his nose, he will NEVER ever again walk down that street on your side. One time is all it takes. Doesn't kill him, but teaches him a lesson he won't forget.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Reminds me of a story my dad shared --

When he was a young man, just starting out with his own farm. A neighbors dog routinely visited his farmstead, and proceeded to relieve himself on the tires of nearly every vehicle in the drive.

Now my dad is one of the best I know when in comes to animal husbandry, but the constant "washing of the wheels" was more than he could bear. And while he has a great passion for animals, he is also quite resorceful. One day he hooked the metal frame of the truck to an electric fencer, the type that pulses on and off and typically used to retain livestock in a enclosure.

Sure 'nuf, the neighbors dog came for his daily visit, made the rounds and when he contacted the truck, Dad said the loudest yelp he'd heard echoed around the farm. And in this case it solved two problems at once as the dog never returned.

DAC

Reply to
DAC

The modern version is Fido Shock, made by FiShock. One experience, and the dog will never return.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B