Doggie doors represent new opportunities

Page 1 of 2
If your toddler crawls through it and drowns in an adjacent bog. You can sue the manufacturer (or installer) of the doggie door for not warning you.
"More than a hundred children have died or been seriously injured in the last decade after squeezing through tiny pet doors and getting into swimming pools or other dangerous places, new research has found. "
http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/AmazingAnimals/story?idu61260&page=1

"a Florida lawyer suing a pet door manufacturer for the family of two-year old Matthew Ranfone."
Say what? Where were the parents when their two-year old was doing all this?

My guess would be looking up attorneys in the Yellow Pages (r).
--
"Distracting a politician from governing
is like distracting a bear from eating your baby."

Watching American Idol ?
Use an electronic collar if you have pets, children, pets doors and a pool. They door will only open as the animal approaches.
It keeps raccoons, bob cats, stray opossums and the neighbor's cats out of the feed bowl.

That's not failsafe either. It won't take the kid that long to realize he can follow the dog out.

Video on ABC to night of burglars getting in through the doggy door. Robbed the house 3 times until they set up a camera.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

If a parent leaves the regular door open a little and the little tyke opens the door and crawls/toddles out, is the door manufacturer and/or carpenter going to be responsible?
TDD
Twain

The responsibility of the parent trumps everything else.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Thats certainly the rational common sense view. However there are many thousands of lawyers trolling for possibilities to "help" us...

The trouble with halfwit parents is that they have dimwit kids, and they are extremely fertile.
SteveB wrote:

Must be nature's way of compensating for losses. The dumb masses have to be more fertile to replace lost children.
TDD

We haven't seen "mother forgets about kid in hot car" for a while. The season's upon us, though.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Only if it's a cute kid. Remember JonBent Ramsey? The beautiful little girl the press wouldn't let rest in peace. I'll bet a dozen ugly kids died that day and nobody cares about them.
TDD
On Wed, 13 May 2009 11:30:35 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Just heard a report. Local 911 dispatchers say, the media never hears about the majority of incidents. A few days ago a man left his 2-month old and a 2-year old boys in a car, while he drank and gambled. The media was ALL over that! It was about 102F outside.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/AmazingAnimals/story?idu61260&page=1
yes then we can blame the windows of the car for any deaths. Wonder why the lawyers haven't found a defense for this one yet and someone to sue?
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

We really need to ban those mechanisms on the doors that prevent them from being pushed open.
Jon
On Tue, 12 May 2009 17:43:47 -0500, The Daring Dufas

If I had a pool, I'd teach my kid to swim when he was 3 months old.
HeyBub wrote:

guess I won't be installing those anymore.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"

How many people have woken to find that they have been patting a skunk all night. That came in through the doggy door.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I can honestly say that I have never done this.
I did, however, live in a house that apparently had a pet squirrel. Never did figure out how the little fuzzy bastard got in there. It appeared shortly before I moved out and it fought the landlord for a while after I left too.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel