dog tunneling under chain link fence

Bullshit. A cat's primary weapon is it's rear claws. The fronts are merely a warning of things to come.

Again, bullshit. Our cats barely knew they were declawed. It was dune at the same time as neutering. By the time the anesthetic fully wore off they were running all over the house. No harm no foul. If the cat is in serious pain after declawing you took them to a butcher.

Reply to
krw

The same way prisoners a kept inside the fence. A cement footer/border with steel straps or stakes into the cement and ground.

See bottom of fence here (one sample)

-- Oren

Oren

Cats without fronts have difficulty running away from trouble. They want to climb but can't so they get caught and beaten up a lot.

Reply to
dangermouse

I like to garden, love to work in the yard. After all of the time and expense of getting a yard looking nice, I wouldn't want anyone or anything to ruin it. I'm not fond of huge animals kept in environs not suited to them, and think pit bulls and rottweilers should be outlawed. Too many people who keep pets either for "protection" or an ego trip, and the animal ends up killing somebody because it isn't properly cared for or confined. Have a neighbor with a rottweiler/mastiff which has been cited for attacking one animal, since injured another, and the moronic owner cannot control it and doesn't bother to use a muzzle any longer. Another neighbor brought his pit bull over to introduce it to a second neighbor's pet and the pit ended up killing the other dog. Folks forget that dogs aren't that far removed from wild animals and still have animal instincts. Big darn difference between pets and family.

Reply to
Norminn

It's a barbaric practice. Turning a fine animal into a powder puff is an awful thing to do.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

Cats without front claws become 'chew toys' for the dogs in the neighborhood. If they are indoor cats it's even worse. When they get out an indoor cat's instinct when threatened is to climb high and howl for rescue. A declawed cat can't climb well so they run and they keep running and are often never seen again. They are also subject to abuse from children and sadistic adults.

Reply to
dangermouse

I never said anything about pain. Let me repeat. De-clawing a cat robs it of its primary offensive and defensive weapon. It cannot navigate at speed without claws (do you wonder why the Cheeta is the only cat with non-retractable claws), it cannot climb, it cannot stand and fight while maintaining the ability to retreat.

Those who de-claw cats are evil and should be shunned by other species, including humans. They are only one step above the scum that forms atop a septic system in likeability, but even that is far, far higher than vets who actually perform the procedure.

Reply to
HeyBub

Bullshit. Dogs do as their owners do. A nasty dog was, one way or another, taught to be nasty. It's the people who are at fault.

Nonsense! Dogs were domesticated something like a million years ago. The resemble nothing of their wild cousins. Dogs *are* a part of the family, though also a possession.

I bet when you were a kid a dog bit you, after you kicked it.

Reply to
krw

Hogwash! I've seen a cat rip a dog five times its size to shreds using only the back claws. A friend saw a cat take a fox, no front claws used in the disembowelment. Cats climb using their back claws and are perfectly able to climb with only backs.

Our cats have never been outside. They don't have a real interest in the outside, other than as a giant TV set.

Well, there you go. Eliminate the sadists.

Reply to
krw

It is nothing of the kind. What a maroon!

Reply to
krw

People who value their furniture over their pets should not be allowed to own animals. PERIOD!

Reply to
dangermouse

You're simply wrong. A cat's primary offensive and defensive weapon is the *BACK* claws. They are far more powerful than the fronts (no power in them at all). It takes power to run, climb and fight. The fronts (and spitting/showing of the teeth) are merely a warning to offenders.

You are a true idiot.

Reply to
krw

You are the idiot. By the time most domestic cats resort to their back claws they are already injured. Because most cat fights are front end only a declawed cat usually get scratched pretty good every time leading to infections a leading killer of cats.

Another thing shit for brains. Do you really want your cats ONLY defense against a toddler to be it's teeth and BACK claws? Are you really this callous?

Reply to
dangermouse

Nonsense! go read about the traits of a pit bull. "tendency to attack other dogs" is mentioned and that is a very primitive trait.

Reply to
George

Easily trained to be a pussy cat.

Reply to
krw

People who have children as stupid as you should never have been allowed to reproduce.

Reply to
krw

You've obviously never seen a cat fight. THe warning shots are with the fronts. The killing is with the backs and teeth. There simply isn't enough power in the front legs to do any real damage.

No, the leading killer of cats is tires, followed by disease. Don't let your cats out and they'll live three times longer, on average. They'll also not piss off the neighbors.

Well since my toddler is now 28... No, asshole for a mouth, the cat's defense is to stay away from said toddler.

Are you really this stupid, or did your mother think it becoming.

Reply to
krw

So you admit you are some sort of social misfit and no one in their right mind would bring kids to your house.

Reply to
dangermouse

Every owner of a pit bull euthanized after attacking another pet or person SWEARS that their little pooky bear was an angel until the incident happened.

People that don't believe in breed-specific behaviors have not owned very many dogs. Humans have spent hundreds (or in a few cases thousands) of years selectively breeding to get certain attributes from each breed. Do you actually think that physical appearance is the only outcome of that?

Reply to
Rick Brandt

Declawed cats are not allowed outdoors (except by morons). Virtually all pet advocacy groups recommend that cats NEVER be allowed to roam outdoors yet millions of ignorant people do it and then wonder why fluffy doesn't come home some night.

Reply to
Rick Brandt