Dog problem

Page 2 of 5
Reason I jumped to my conclusion is that this guy has a yard full of dog crap that he must be constantly stepping into and smelling in his own house. I would not anticipate him to be reasonable since apparently he likes living under these conditions and would not understand why you don't too. If you speak to him, I doubt he would comply, and then if you turn him in, then he would think it was you and you would be the enemy and the cause of his problem. Normally I would discuss a problem with a neighbor before using the nuclear option but I think it is needed here. Frank
Frank wrote:

What conclusion? To what or whom are you replying? You need to include a bit of the text to which you are replying.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com
Dave Bugg wrote:

You I guess, but who cares. Here's an extreme example in local paper: http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070721/NEWS/707210348/1006/NEWS Do you think this poor woman would have listened to neighbors complaints? Frank

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070721/NEWS/707210348/1006/NEWS
Reminds me of a picture in my college psychology textbook: Some poor soul in a psych hospital, who had stacks of folded towels 10 feet high all around his room. Some sort of OC behavior problem gone way over the top.
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:34:09 -0400, Frank

No. I am familiar with "dog collectors" and "dog rescuers." They feel that they can care for dogs better than anyone else and will save any dog they can. It is a (not so uncommon) mental disorder. Anyone with more than 4 dogs in the house is actually a kennel, not a house, as defined by our local ordinance.

"I am not a kennel." Richard Nixon.

a-hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa LOL

"I am not a butt." -- Bart Simpson
mm wrote:

No you're not, Mr. President. But you ended up in the dog house anyway. :-)
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com
Frank wrote:

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070721/NEWS/707210348/1006/NEWS
Yup, that means that Dan's neighbor won't respond to his requests; case closed. Sheesh.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

= Unsanitary conditions aside, you could plant a living fence of quick growing, very tall dense trees/shrubs that would inhibit airflow from his yard. Inside that fence, plant some very very fragrant shrubs. Seriously. Also, suggest he frequently toss some lime on his yard to keep him from getting some horrible incurable disease. Make one up.

Lime is good. He might need 100 lbs, one lb. for each pile :-))
A liquid spray over the fence might stop the dog from shitting in the area.
2/3 water 1/3 veggie oil cayenne pepper hot sauce garlic powder
(I would have to look it up for all ingredients) Mix in spray bottle and spray. I have used this to stop dogs pissing in my front lawn. They just move on. . Rain will wash away, so re-apply.
-- Oren

"mm" wrote "Gini" wrote:

cooties.

As others have said, try to resolve on a neighborly level. As others have said, some people are just pigs and don't give a rats-ass.
If it all turns sour, you can cook some corn. WTF has corn do do with it you ask? Put the cooked corn on a plate by the fence. Flies love to get all over corn. Now bring the peace offering over to the pig bastard. Let him munch on some of his dogs shit.

How about spreading 'moth crystals' (like crushed moth balls) around the area?
Lewis.
*****
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 00:20:08 -0000, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

That will certainly keep the moths off the poo.
-- Oren

Yes, it probably would, but it is poisonous to dogs. And poisoning the guys critters is likely to cause some serious neighborly problems.
I agree with the folks that are suggesting you tell the neighbor about the smell bothering you. He really may not know. And at least you'll have tried doing it in a neighborly way prior to asking for city help.
As a responsible dog owner (I poop scoop once a day in winter, twice a day in summer), it is awful to read about stuff like this. It gives dog owners everywhere a bad name -- unfairly. I hope you'll give the guy a change to mend his ways.
So long as you keep it civil and use the ol' Oprah "I Statement" trick (try not to accuse him, just tell him that the smell is preventing you from enjoying your back yard), it might work out OK.
Then again, it might not. He could get very defensive, but then you'll have the city codes to back you up. http://www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/default.asp will help you figure out what's legal and what's not.
Best of luck with it all.
--svs
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 23:25:48 -0000, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

I was being a bit sarcastic. reason being is that I've never witnessed a moth on dog poo. Flies! Another story.
BTW, I've not even seen a dog eat a moth ball or get near one. They will eat human food/plants that are poison.

Oren

Nonsense. Nobody should spend a penny to solve problems caused by dog criminals.