Dog Pooped on Carpet

My dog pooped on my basement carpet, discovered it after 2 days. Scraped up the mess and cleaned 3x with Green Machine after pre-treating with tough stain remover. Stain is gone yet there is still an odor. Are there any cleaners available that I can use to remove the odor? The carpet is a commercial grade, virtually no pile to it.
Thanks in Advance, -a12vman
Search this forum using the word "odor" and you will find several very good threads including one I started when a mouse climbed into my new Corvette convertible trunk last winter, got trapped, and then died. With the help of others on this forum I eventually found a superb product which only does odor removal, and has no fragrance of its' own. It worked perfectly when everything else failed. It is at:
http://www.rugdoctorpro.com/pro/solutions.pdf
and has an enzymatic formula which breaks down and kills the bacteria which cause the stink. It is sold in my area where rental rug shampoo machines are offered, since this same company makes a whole line of rug cleaning and deodorizing products. Good luck!
Smarty

You want the product called "Pro Odor Remover"
Forgot to include that in my prior reply.
Smarty

go into any pet store and find a enzyme based pet odor remover

a12vman wrote:

Hmmm, Sounds like you are feeding your dog El Cheapo dog food. Give the best food you can find, produces less odor, less waste.

The first thing I'd try is to dump about 1/2 cup of baking soda on the spot and rub it in, then vacuum it out. Costs about fifty cents and takes five minutes, so even if it doesn't help, what are you out?
--
Regards,

Use an enzyme cleaner, available at most large pet centers/departments. Or, you can try covering the area with baking soda, tap it into the carpet, then vacuum it up after 3-4 days.
Sure, for example Simple Solution. I've had no lingering odors and very simple removal of dog poop for years, with each new Doberman puppy.
My usual mail order company for pet stuff http://www.petsuppliesdelivered.com/search_products.cfm?search=simple+solution&submit=SEARCH
but there must be hundreds of others.
--
snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com

On the internet, nobody knows you\'re a jerk.
| My dog pooped on my basement carpet, discovered it after 2 days. Scraped up | the mess and cleaned 3x with Green Machine after pre-treating with tough | stain remover. Stain is gone yet there is still an odor. Are there any | cleaners available that I can use to remove the odor? The carpet is a | commercial grade, virtually no pile to it.
I've used Urine Gone and Nature's Miracle. Both are good, but the best is the one called "UNIQUE Pet Odor & Stain Eliminator".